Things You’ll Need:
- 1 tsp. boric acid powder
- 8 oz. water
- Small pot
- Cotton balls
1. Bring 8 oz. of water to a boil in a small pot.
2. Add the boric acid powder and mix thoroughly.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
4. Measure out 1/4 cup of the solution and transfer it to a small bowl. Set some cotton balls in it.
5. Squeeze the cotton ball over top of your eye to distribute some of the solution to the eye. You can also use the cotton ball to wipe away any dirt or debris that is causing discomfort.
6. Use 1/4 cup of solution for the second eye the same way you did the first. You will still have half a cup of solution left for use later on in the day.
Tips & Warnings
- If you have an eye wash cup, use that instead of the cotton balls.
- Never use boric acid that is meant for washing your clothes. It will harm your eyes.