Hydrogen peroxide has many different medicinal uses. It has been used over the years in home remedies, listed below are a few of these remedies.
- A mixture of half 3% hydrogen peroxide and half water can be used to treat canker sores (mouth ulcers). Use a cotton bud to apply the mixture directly to the canker sore.
- Swish your toothbrush in 1 cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution prior to use. If you don’t like the taste of hydrogen peroxide, you may rinse your toothbrush with clean water prior to use, but if you choose not to rinse the peroxide mixture off before brushing your teeth, in addition to disinfecting your toothbrush, the hydrogen peroxide will help whiten your teeth.
- Hydrogen peroxide for foot fungus may work, although scientific studies have not been done to confirm its usefulness. Use a 3% solution, as the stronger preparations are less safe and may cause skin reactions. Approaches include soaking in the peroxide, wiping onto the affected areas several times daily, or spraying it on and allowing it to dry. It is likely to produce results much faster for athletes foot fungus than for a nail infection. On thing is undeniable: as a foot fungus remedy, it is one of the cheapest.
- Remarkable results can be achieved in curing colds and the flu within 12-14 hours when we administer a few drops of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) into each ear. The H2O2 starts working within 2-3 minutes in killing the cold or flu. There will be some bubbling and in some cases mild stinging might occur. Wait until the bubbling subsides – usually a few minutes – then drain onto a tissue and repeat with the other ear.
- If you have a toothache, put a capful of 3% hydrogen peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. This will relieve the pain.
- Put half a bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
- If you like a natural look to your hair, spray a solution of half 6% hydrogen peroxide half water on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, faddish, or dirty blonde.Â It also lightens gradually so it’s not a drastic change.
If you have any of your own home remedies using hydrogen peroxide, please feel free to post them up in the comments section.
Created by Mistral Pure Chemicals. View website