Spending too much on kitty litter? Here is a cheap and easy method you can use to make your own.
What you will need:
- Biodegradable Washing up liquid
- Baking soda
- A large bowl or basin
- Shred newspaper in a paper shredder.
- Soak the paper in warm water mixed with a few squirts of biodegradable washing up liquid. The shredded paper takes on a cooked oatmeal consistency. The paper wont come completely clean, but the water will turn grey.
- Drain the water and repeat the soaking process minus the soap.
- Sprinkle baking soda liberally on the wet paper. Knead it in to the mixture (you might want to wear gloves to avoid getting ink on your hands).
- Squeeze the remaining moisture out until its as dry as you can get it.
- Crumble over a screen and leave to dry (it takes a few days).
Once its dry, put about an inch and a half to two inches of the paper crumbles in the litter box, scoop solids daily and change it once a week. It takes about a half an hour to 45 minutes to make a 2-3 week supply of litter. The baking soda does a good job of controlling odour, and it doesnt track very much.
Brought to you by Mistral Pure Chemicals. Click here to view website