What You Will Need
Small Jars with Lids
Egg Shell and/or Glitter
Glue Gun or Sealant
1. Use a glue gun, aquarium sealant, or florist clay to adhere your ‘scene’ to the inside of the lid. Allow glue to ‘set’ the required time before adding liquid.
2. Fill the jar with propylene glycol, it will make the snow and/or glitter fall slower.
3. Add crushed egg shell for snow and glitter, if desired.
4. Carefully set the lid (with scene) onto the full jar and seal it tightly.
5. You may wish to apply more glue or sealant around the outside rim of the jar to ensure a good seal.
- Adut supervision is required if you are using a glue gun or sealant. Sealants often give off toxic fumes, so be careful!
- Crush egg shells by rolling over then with a rolling pin, with the shells inside a heavy duty plastic bag.
- Use your creativity! You can add food colouring, bits of costume jewellery, make figures from plastic twist-ties, etc.
- You can make a decorative cover for the lid with fabric and ribbon.