Making perfume out of rose petals is fairly easy and quite fun. The delicate scent of rose is thought to bring peace, love, luck, healing and romance to the wearer. Plus, you’ll smell like a gorgeous rose. There are two parts to making rose perfume out of petals. First, you’ll make an essential oil and then an alcohol-based perfume. Read on to learn how to make your own signature rose perfume.
Things You Will Need:
32 ounces rose petals
235ml almond oil
235ml distilled water
5 tsp. Perfumers Alcohol
Mortar and pestle or large bowl with wooden spoon
Make the Rose Oil
1. Combine 8 ounces of rose petals and the almond oil in a large bowl or mortar. Use a spoon or pestle to mash up the rose petals in the almond oil. Cover the bowl in plastic wrap and set it in a dry place overnight.
2. Use the cheesecloth and funnel to strain the rose petals from the oil. Discard the rose petals.
3. Add another 8 ounces of rose petals to the same oil. Repeat the process until all rose petals are used.
Making the Perfume
1. Pour the perfumers alcohol into a small bowl.
2. Add one drop of the rose oil to the alcohol. Mix well.
3. Repeat 7 to 10 times (depending on how strong you want to make the perfume).
4. Strain the mixture using your cheesecloth to ensure that sediment is removed.
5. Pour perfume into a glass bottle and enjoy.
If you dont have access to a cheesecloth here are a few alternatives:
- Paper Coffee Filters
- Pillow cases or bed sheets
- Medical gauze (the holes/spaces are a little larger than in cheesecloth so you just have to double or triple it up. But it works perfectly)
Created by Mistral Pure Chemicals. View website