As you donâ€™t really want to have any liquids absorbing into your mattress, your best bet for stain removal is to use a paste.Â Hydrogen peroxide and salt are the active ingredients in this paste that will remove the stain.Â These two active ingredients work together to attack proteins in the blood.Â It is these proteins which help to keep the blood attached to the fibres in the mattress.
You Will Need:
- Cold Water
- Hydrogen Peroxide 3%
- Clean soft cloths
- Plastic spoon or spatula
How to make the paste:
Mix together 60g of cornstarch, 1 tablespoon of salt and 60ml of hydrogen peroxide. It should be the consistency of toothpaste.
- Use a spoon to apply a layer of the paste to the surface of the stain.
- Allow it to dry completely.
- Scrape away the dried paste and vacuum the area.
- Examine the stained area, repeat steps 1-3 until the stain is removed.
- If you prefer you can make the paste without hydrogen peroxide, and use clean water instead.
- If you use only salt then you may need to apply the paste a few more times to remove the stain completly
Created by Mistral Pure Chemicals. View website