You can use an ammonia solution to remove blood stains from a mattress. Although this method is quite effective, it is not recommended as the ammonia can damage the fibres in a mattress.
What you will need
- Cotton Balls
Make the ammonia solution
Mix 1 tablespoon of ammonia with 240ml water.
- Begin by moistening the stained area with a small amount of cold water.
- Cover the stain with salt and allow it to set for up to 2 hours or until it dries completely.
- Scrape away the salt layer
- Apply the ammonia solution to the area using a cotton ball.
- Blot the area with a clean cloth, working from the outside in to remove the stain along with as much of the ammonia solution as possible.
- Repeat steps 4-5 as necessary.
- As soon as the stain is removed completely (or removed enough that it is not noticeable), clean the entire area with a wet/dry vacuum or a steam vac. If possible, clean with a mild soap and cold water.
It is essential to remove the ammonia from the mattress to avoid damage to the fibres.
Created by Mistral Pure Chemicals. View website