There are a wide variety of silks, and each may respond differently to the cleaning methods listed. These stain removal methods are only advised for washable silks. Always test a small hidden area first, to ensure that there are no damaging effects to the texture, colour or sheen of the silk. Once the test area goes well, it is safe to work on the stained area.
What You Will Need
- Soft cloths
- Mix 5ml of ammonia with 240ml of water.
- Blot the mixture onto the stain with a clean cloth.
- Remove it by blotting with a second clean cloth.
- Until you are sure the stain is removed, allow the piece to air dry. Either hang it up or lay it flat on a dry towel. This is because if you dry it with heat you could set the stain permenantly
- Once the stain is removed, wash as normal according to label directions to remove any residue.
Never mix ammonia with chlorine bleach or any product containing chlorine bleach. The resulting fumes are fatal. If you accidentally mix the two, leave the area immediately. Try to open windows and doors to ventilate the area and remove pets from the area.
Created by Mistral Pure Chemicals. View website