Borax has been used for over 100 years to clean laundry, and it makes a great all-purpose-cleaner. It’s a popular choice for those who care about the environment, too, because it doesn’t contain chlorine or phosphates. It’s not only a safe cleaner but does a great job. It works very well as a stain removal agent.
What You Will Need
- Cold water
- Clean Cloths
Make the Borax Solution
Dissolve 1 part borax in 3 parts of cold water. For example to make 75ml of solution mix 25g in 75ml water.
- Rinse the stain with cold water, preferably before blood dries.
- Using the borax solution blot the stain with a clean cloth.
- Use a clean cloth to blot the area until it is dry.
- If the stain remains, repeat the process.
- Always test a small discrete area of the material first, to ensure that the solution will not damage the fabric.
- If you have a stubborn stain on a piece of clothing, you could pour the solution into a clean bucket and soak the garment in there.