Ammonia is a strong cleaner, and is very good at removing blood stains.Â However you should always test this method on a small discrete part of the carpet before you begin, as ammonia can take the colour out of fabrics which are not colourfast.
What you will need
- Cold Water
- Paper Towels
- Washing Up Liquid
- Spray Bottles
- Blot with a white paper towel to remove as much of the blood stain that you can.
- Neutralize the stain by spraying it with a solution of 120ml cold water and 1 Tbsp. of clear ammonia.
- Blot with a white paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Then spray on a solution made with 1.14 litres of cold water and 1/4 tsp. of washing up liquid.
- Blot to work the solution into the area.
- Use a spray bottle filled with cold water to rinse.
- Then apply a ‘pad’ of paper towels and place a heavy object on top to absorb the moisture.
- Repeat as necessary
Created by Mistral Pure Chemicals. View website