Making slime with borax is fun and easy to do. As borax is dangerous if swallowed it is important that children are supervised at all times.
Ingredients needed to make your own slime:
- Borax decahydrate
- PVA glue (white craft glue)
- 2 bowls
- Food colouring
- A plastic teaspoon
- Plastic resealable food bag
Instructions on how to make slime:
- Wearing gloves carefully add 1 teaspoon of borax powder and 1 cupful of warm water in one bowl.
- Stir continually until all the borax has dissolved and the solution is clear.
- In the second bowl add 1/2 cupful of PVA and 1/2 cupful of water and mix thoroughly
- Add 2 drops of food colouring to the PVA glue and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the glue mix to the borax solution with continual stirring.
- The slime will start to form a ball. Keep stirring slowly.
- Take the ball of slime out of the bowl leaving excess water behind.
- Knead the ball bewteen your hands and it will get less sticky.
- Wash the ball with water and it is ready to play with.
- Store the ball in the plasic resealable bag and it will keep for a couple of weeks.